TISSNET – Tata Institute of Social Sciences – National Entrance Test
18 class – 36 Hours
TISSNET exam is conducted by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) for admissions to MA programmes including MA in Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRM & LR). TISSNET 2018 is a computer based test which will be held in all major cities across India. The application process for the same is likely to start in the month of September 2017. The candidates who wish to appear for National Entrance Test conducted by TISS will be required to apply online. TISSNET is an objective type exam that comprises three sections – General Awareness, English Proficiency and Maths and Logical Reasoning. On the basis of TISSNET 2018 result, the candidates will be shortlisted for the second round of selection (Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview). With TISSNET scores, the candidates can seek admissions at five TISS campuses which are located in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Guwahati and Tuljapur.
Test Pattern & Syllabus:
TISSNET is divided into three sections – General Awareness, English Proficiency, and Maths and Logical Reasoning. The total number of questions asked in
- General Awareness – 40 questions
- English Proficiency – 30 questions
- Math & Logical Reasoning – 30 questions
The candidates are awarded 1 mark for every correct answer. As there is no negative marking, no marks are deducted for incorrect answers. TISSNET is a computer based test conducted in many cities across India.
TISSNET Syllabus 2018:
The candidates preparing for TISSNET 2018 exam must focus on each of the three sections. The questions are asked from an extensive variety of topics. For General Awareness section, the candidates need to develop knowledge and understanding of international politics, environment, education sector, historical events, politics, sports events and literature.
- •To prepare for English section, the candidates need to focus on idioms, sentence correction, synonyms, antonyms, word substitution and reading comprehension.
- •To score good marks in Maths section, the candidates must master the topics like averages, percentages, profit and loss, geometry, pie charts, number series, tables, puzzles, logical connectivity and Venn diagram.
•Application ends:December 2017
•Pre-admission orientation programme (for SC/ST/OBC/Minority and PWD candidates):Third week of December 2017
•Issue of admit card:Last week of December 2017
•TISSNET 2018 exam:First week of January 2018
•Announcement of Result:Second week of February 2018
•PIT & PI:March & April 2018
•>Final Merit List:Apr-18
How to Apply
TISSNET application form is expected to be released in the last week of September 2017. The candidates will be able to fill the form until the first week of December 2017. The application form must be filled and submitted online. To submit the TISSNET 2018 application form, the candidates need to follow a few simple steps, which are as follows –
- •Use your registered email ID and password to log in.
- •Create an account on the official TISSNET website.
- •Provide all the necessary details on the ‘Application Home’ page.
- •Upload the required documents and certificates.
- •Pay the application fee.
The application fee can be paid online using Credit/ Debit card or through net banking. Alternately, the fee can also be paid through cash at State Bank of India (SBI) branches. It must be noted that the candidates who are living in remote areas where the internet access is scarce can submit the application form offline.
Two modes of payment: Fees per programme:
- •GENERAL candidates: 1) Online payment by Debit/Credit card/ Net banking: Rs. 1,030/- 2) Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch Rs. 1,000/- + Bank Charges.
- •SC/ST/OBC(NC) candidates: 1) Online payment by Debit/Credit card/ Net banking: Rs. 260/- 2) Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch Rs. 250/- Bank Charges
- •Online and Offline applications are accepted. Check the General Instructions about applying drop down below.